30th Annual Trade Show Features Local Businesses and Environmentally-Friendly Products
Environmentally-friendly cleaning, food service, office supplies, janitorial and farm products will be featured at Hill & Markes’ 30th annual Trade show to be held on Friday, March 2, 2012 at Turning Stone Resort, Verona, New York from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Consistent with Hill and Markes’ commitment to sustainable solutions, the Trade Show offers attendees a combination of educational opportunities and solid performance products to test and see first-hand. With more than 70 vendors and industry leaders on hand, the Trade Show is attracting attention from Buffalo to Albany and beyond.
“As a family-owned business, we are proud of our reputation of excellence and innovation our annual Trade Show has achieved,” stated Andrea Packer, Vice President of Marketing. “We know people save the date and do not want to miss the opportunity of attending our trade show. Due to the large volume of attendees expected, registration is extremely important. Attendees can expect to find the best in innovative and contemporary approaches available, and we look forward to connecting with locally-grown and national businesses, all of whom make a difference in our economy and performance, during this exciting day.”
Hill & Markes, a 106 year-old company located in Amsterdam, NY, is committed to providing Sustainable Solutions to their customers. The Trade Show highlights products from all divisions of the company, and offers a “One Stop Shopping” experience. The Show’s timing positions ice cream businesses to get their season started with the newest and the best products; provides janitorial products for every type of customer, offers Industrial Packaging Supplies and more.
This year’s show will feature:
- Seminar Speakers including: Kelly McDonald at 10:00 am on “How to Keep Your Customers Rushing back for More” who is back by popular demand and rave reviews from last year and Thomas Zak at 11:30 a.m. who will present an ice cream seminar on “Turning Trash into Cash.”
- Scheduled training sessions to learn short cuts to ordering on line and viewing our on line catalogue of products.
- Cleaning Management Magazine will be on hand, and will present information on upcoming seminars to be held in the brand new training facility at Hill & Markes. Registration for these seminars is possible at the Trade Show.
- Taylor Freezer, a Hill and Markes partner for 30 years, will feature full packages for ice cream customers.
- Tenant Floor Equipment, a Hill and Markes partner for 20 years, will offer the very latest in environmentally friendly cleaning technology.
- Displays of Environmentally Friendly and Compostable Products including, but not limited to, the Orbio machine which produces chemical free, ionized water for cleaning.
- Additional presentations throughout the day in various booths
There’s an added incentive to Pre Register to attend the Trade Show this year, as Pre-Registrants will be entered into a drawing for an overnight stay at Turning Stone Resort. For further information, or to register or pre-register for the event, visit www.hillandmarkes.com; click the link for the Trade Show. Also check Facebook and Twitter.
Servicing all of New York State and parts of Vermont, Hill and Markes is known for proving service, education and excellent product mix for universities, hospitals, schools, facility maintenance, restaurants and other food related business, nursing homes, and other institutions.
About Hill and Markes
In 1906 Amos Hill & Charlie Markes began Hill & Markes Inc. manufacturing ice cream, ice cream cones and candy. In 1947 Harry and Harriet Finkle purchased the company and expanded the product lines to include school supplies, paper products and rental dishes and cutlery. Harry Finkle worked until he was 83 years old. Corporate officers, Neal Packer C.O.O.; Andrea Finkle Packer, Vice President of Marketing ; Jeffrey Finkle, President joined the family business in the 1970’s. In 2009 Jason Packer, Business Development, became the 3rd generation to join the company. The focus and growth of Hill & Markes has evolved over time to become a most respected company in the industry.